Almost 60 years of Parkhaus-Betriebsgesellschaft m.b.H.

Parkhaus-Betriebsgesellschaft m.b.H. (PBG) is the largest car park operator in Frankfurt am Main and manages 32 large car parks with approx. 18,000 spaces in the metropolitan area of Frankfurt am Main. The car parks are used by around 7 million short-term car park users and approx. 10,000 long-term car park users per year. Furthermore, PGB also operates the approx. 320 parking meters in the metropolitan area on behalf of the City of Frankfurt am Main.

Parkhaus-Betriebsgesellschaft mbH. is a company of ABG FRANKFURT HOLDING, the housing and real estate group of the City of Frankfurt am Main.

10.09.1956:

Opening of the ‘Hauptwache’ car park - the first car park in Frankfurt am Main

The ‘Hauptwache’ car park has had protected monument status since 1986.

up to 1959:

Over 70,000 motor vehicles in Frankfurt am Main

The economic boom and further increase in the number of car registrations led the City of Frankfurt am Main to allow the Frankfurter Aufbau AG to construct and operate another car park, the ‘Konstabler’, right where the ‘Zeil’ building is located today.

1959

Opening of the ‘Konstabler’ car park

On the ground floor - premises of the newly founded Park-haus-Betriebsgesellschaft mbH. who also operated petrol stations in the car parks in the early years.

06.07.1959:

Founding of Parkhaus-Betriebsgesellschaft m.b.H. as a 100% subsidiary of Frankfurter Aufbau AG

Takeover of the operation of the ‘Hauptwache’ and ‘Konstabler’ car parks. Managing Director was Mr. Arthur Schütz. Employees came from Frankfurter Aufbau AG.

up to 1961:

Operation of four car parks with approx. 0.9 million short-term car park users at an hourly rate of 20 pfennig

up to 1966:

PBG relocates to the ‘Platz der Republik’ car park

2 million short-term car park users in 7 public car parks

1968:

Installation of the first automated parking technology by Scheidt & Bachmann. PBG is therefore one of the first car park operators to use this in their car parks.

1977:

3 million short-term car park users in 8 public car parks

1989:

Relocation to the 7th floor of the new ‘Konrad-Adenauer-Strasse’ car park

1990-1999:

The parking garages built in the 50s and 60s were renovated from the ground up or replaced by new buildings (‘Junghofstrasse’, ‘Am Theater’, ‘Am Gewerkschaftshaus’) in the 90s.

Between 1996 and 1999 over 20 million DM was invested in the renovation of the ‘Hauptwache’ car park. Demolition and reconstruction of the car park was not possible due to its status as a protected monument.

2005:

Introduction of the control centre at Konrad-Adenauer-Strasse

2013

‘Goetheplatz’ underground car park was named Germany’s best underground car park by ADAC.

31.12.2015

42 members of staff.

 

These men were responsible for the company’s success over the last five decades:

  • Artur Schütz (1959-1970)
  • Wilhelm Wiedemann (1970-1978)
  • Helmut Schmitt (1979-2005)
  • Hans-Peter Ruppert (2005-2014)
  • Michael Bachmann (since 2015)

 


© 2018 PBG | Parkhaus-Betriebsgesellschaft mbH | Alle Rechte vorbehalten
Ja, auch wir verwenden Cookies, um unsere Webseite optimal darzustellen. Nutzen Sie unsere Website oder Dienste weiter, stimmen Sie der Verwendung zu.  Hier finden Sie Informationen zum Datenschutz
OK